North City Preschool is nestled near a lush grove of oak and eucalyptus trees. Our playground is a natural environment in which children are given the opportunity to explore and discover the outdoor world. Our learning center classrooms offer additional interactive activities and experiences promoting play-based learning.
We believe each child is a unique and special creation of God. Our goal is to encourage your child to grow in his or her relationship to God, self, and others through loving teachers in a nurturing, Christian environment.
– – – COVID-19 POLICIES – – –
Updated as of August 7, 2021
The Department of Social Services (Community Care Licensing), the CDC, and our local health department have developed new Covid-19 guidelines and mandates for all schools.
North City Preschool has put in place preventative measures and protocols. They are as follows:
Community Care Licensing has issued a face covering mandate for children 2 years and older, while indoors. Face coverings do not need to be worn outdoors.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP:
Designated drop off and pick up areas for each classroom are outside. Parents and children do not need to wear face coverings at drop off or pick up. Sign-in sheets will be at the designated outside drop off and pick up areas. Parents and children are required to wear a face covering inside whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.
Children will be checked daily for overall health and well-being, upon arrival. If your child exhibits any of the following symptoms, please keep them home:
-Coughing or sneezing
-Shortness of breath
-Vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
– Not acting themselves
** If your child comes to school with these symptoms, you will be asked to take him/her home. If your child has a fever, he/she needs to be fever free for 24 hours, without medication, in order to return to school.
**Parents are asked to report any positive case of COVID-19 in their immediate family or any known contact and exposure to COVID-19 to the preschool office.**
- Parents are asked to provide a snack and lunch for their child. Please put the snack in a separate bag from the lunch and drop it in the designated container at drop off. There will also be a lunch container to drop the lunch boxes as well. Please make sure the snack and lunch are labelled.
- Please bring in a change of clothes in a labeled Ziploc bag.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late when dropping off your child, please go to the preschool office. One of the office staff will take your child to his/her classroom. If you need to pick up your child earlier than the designated time, please go to the preschool office.
- All staff will be checked daily for overall health and well-being before being allowed to work.
- All staff will wash hands upon arrival to school.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask or face shield inside the classrooms at this time.
- If a staff member or any other member of her household has tested positive for COVID-19, the Health Department will be notified immediately. Upon advisement from the Health Department, the class and/or school may close for a period of time.
Hand washing and hand sanitizing:
- Upon arrival- children will be provided hand sanitizer at check-in.
- Before and after eating
- After toileting
- Before/After playing outdoors
- After sneezing, coughing or touching their nose
- Before being picked up to go home
- Classrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- All outside play areas will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- No toys from home are allowed except for designated sharing toys arranged with the teacher.
- Snack and lunch will be provided by the parents in labelled bags or lunch boxes.
- Teachers will wear gloves when helping children open containers, baggies and lunch boxes.